LET the rebuild begin

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

by Stupink » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 pm

Yeah sounds like the sender indeed.. oh well nothing major and its back on track :)
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by richymotor » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:54 am

i'll beat you if you put it away (with a spoon!)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:37 pm

Not a very successful weekend for me, im starting to feel my car really doesn't like me :lol: . My cars been down a friends house for the last week or so, decided to have a weekend abroad but at about 5.30 Sunday morning the alarm started going off probably due to the battery. I couldn't be contacted on my mobile (and had the car keys) so after a few unhappy calls to my dad at stupid oclock a mechanic was called out who managed to break into the car and rip out the siren. I have battery backup etc so disconnecting the battery didnt help :lol: . Now hit with an expensive call out fee, a few unhappy people and what will probably be another big bill from Clifford to fix the alarm :lol:

Good news......well their isnt any.

<runs to hide all the spoons>
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by richymotor » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:00 am

insure and burn

lol nah, erm, oh i dunno. what is it with you and your keys lol ..... blame jon!!!

right, you obviously need to do some work on it this weekend so we'll be there about 9ish. (i'll be fixing my manifold too)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Pull your finger out chap!! or i'll be tempted to rebuild mine *again* before you've finished yours lol :D then you will have to feel really bad :D lol.

offer of a hand still exists just give me the nod :) though i know you're probably beyond the point where there big enough jobs for several hands :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:40 pm

Stupink wrote:offer of a hand still exists just give me the nod :) though i know you're probably beyond the point where there big enough jobs for several hands :)

I hope im beyond that point... at least for the moment. Your welcome to come down either this weekend or the next to try and get it running before Trax, bit of fine tuning advice would be useful. Rich is pretty useless with a spanner but does a mean BBQ.

Fitted a new lambda tonight but emissions are still way to high for an MOT. Leaned off the fuel pressure and no change so im thinking the cat isn't doing its job properly. My understanding is that as exhaust gases enter the cat a chemical reaction occurs which cause the gases to get hotter. Therefore the exit end should be much hotter which isnt what mine is doing and seems to be acting as a restrictor if anything. I think this could be because the cat is too far back in the exhaust system and is just not getting hot enough but either way is not doing its job.

Other problem is the engine is hunting quite a bit so need to check over for air leaks but I dont think the ICV is doing its job properly which might mean inlet manifold off due to my oversize hoses and clamps their is no way it will come out the usual way :evil:
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by richymotor » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:05 am

cheaky b@st@rd!

but yeah chef Rich is always in need of food.
i'm gunna wee on your bonnet and feed your manifold
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:14 pm

Ahh pooh! i had no idea trax was that close, i had kinda thought in my mind i would go to that, but i havnt heard about my rings yet, so the engine is still in bits on the floor, so not looking that likely.
I will see how im standing for diesel money next weekend, won't be able to make it this week I know that for sure.
what day/days would suit you best next? i will try to keep it free and get the bread rolls defrosted :p
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by richymotor » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:17 pm

you seriously want nothing from steve's freezer .... it's like fred west's been there
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:30 pm

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger!! my own cooking has made me quite strong!! lol.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:23 pm

richymotor wrote:you seriously want nothing from steve's freezer .... it's like fred west's been there
Don't you mean John West :wink:

Its always full thats the main thing, whethers its edible....well I can always blame your chef skills for that.

Anytime next Friday to Sunday is fine Stu, I have plenty of diesel tokens so don't worry about that. Hopefully I will have an MOT by then.
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by bodgetastic » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:03 am

Bit of an update seing as its the Callys two year anniversary off the road this weekend :cry:

With the car hunting quite a bit first job was to check all the boost hoses were fitted correctly and their were no leaks. Relocated the vacumn pipe from the amal valve down to the turbo boost pipe....

Next up was to fit a new icv and relocate to make it easier to access in the future. Usual ball ache of a job. Checked over all electrical connections and started it up. was running better but not 100%.

Time to call in the professionals 8) Big thanks to Stupink for driving all the way up to Bristol especially when he was suffering a bit from a session the night before :wink: . Spent the day checking everything over and managed to diagnose a few problems. Checked for air leaks again by taking off the air filter and was a bit concerning that you only have to put you hand within close proximity of the pipework for it to stall :roll: . Doesn't look like i'll be sucking up small children and animals off the pavement as I drive past then :lol: Managed to blag an AFM and was finally looking good for the MOT.

TIME for MOT take two. Straight into the emissions test and was reading between 0.6 and 0.7. As the engine warmed up the emissions slowly creaped down and were soo close to passing until it overheated so we had to give in :cry: .

Its definately getting a tad hot in the engine bay and going to mean a new spray job on the bonnet now :lol: ...................

More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by richymotor » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:10 am

holy crap ... and i have nothing more to say
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:45 am

That could always be a problem :( that bits glass isnt it? so perhaps relies on the metal to transferr the heat away from any hotspots to protect the paint? :(

Sounds like perhaps a good rasher now before your emmissions test and it would be fine, but not sure how you do that with a car thats not run in!!

When you say it overheated, other than the paint going.. ouch, what were the symptons?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by richymotor » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:51 am

nope that's all metal, we were only talking about how close the bonnet was to the manifold on saterday lol.

maybe a 350z style bonnet bulge is on the cards
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

PreviousNext